Change Map Modes
The portal offers users two primary modes for viewing Asset data plotted on a map. Live Mode shows the most recently reported position of each Asset, and gives users the option to follow an Asset for the active session. Live Mode always updates itself whenever a new position posts to the portal, and there is no need to manually refresh the interface to see new data. History Mode shows all of the data that was reported within a given period of time, the range of which can be set by the user.
Switching Between Modes
There are multiple ways to toggle between Live Mode and History Mode, and users always have indicators letting them know which Map Mode they are actively viewing.
Mode Icons: The Mode icon for Live Mode in the portal is a standard location pin icon, and the Mode icon for History Mode in the portal is a clock with reverse arrow. These icons appear in two other Mode indicators.
App Nav Panel: The first two Modules in the App Nav Panel on the far left of the portal are Live Mode and History Mode, respectively. The Live Mode Module can be identfied by its location pin icon, and the History Mode Module can be identified by its clock and reverse arrow icon.
List Panel: The List Panel, where a user can find a list of the Assets and Groups in their ecosystem, has a header that indicates the active Map Mode.
Map Mode Indicator: The Map Mode Indicator tool sits on the Map View as a box that displays the Map Mode, Map Mode Icon, current time, and visible Assets. In History Mode, the box will also display the total number of positions and the date range selected.
- Click on either the Live Mode or History Mode icon in the App Nav Panel to change viewing modes
- Click on the icon in the Map Mode Indicator box to change viewing modes
- If in History Mode, click the Go Live button in the Map Mode Indicator box to change viewing modes
There is an option in Live Mode to follow Assets, which is effectively a combination of Live Mode and History Mode, as it monitors the most recently reported position(s) of any followed Asset(s) and also maintains a trail of all positions reported since the follow was initiated. If any Assets are being followed, there will be an indicator box at the top of the Map View that says Following: (Asset Name) and the last update received.
- To begin following any Asset(s), click the cog button in the List Panel next to the Asset or Group you wish to follow
- Click the Follow Live button from the Asset Options in the Details Panel
Alternatively, users can follow Assets directly from the Map View.
- Click any of the Asset’s reported positions to open the Position Details box
- Click the dot menu in the box header
- Click Asset Options
- Click Follow Live from the Asset Options in the Details Panel
To stop following any Assets, click the X in the indicator box at the top of the map view, or open the Asset or Group Options Panel and click the Stop Following button.